Welcome to the Homepage of Kalikinkar
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Waterloo
200 University Ave West, Waterloo, ON, N2L 3G1
E-mail: kmandal [at] uwaterloo [dot] ca
Currently I'm a Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Waterloo working with Prof. Guang Gong and Prof. Mark Aagaard.
Prior to that, I was a Research Associate at University of Washington-Seattle, from July 2014 to June 2016, hosted by Prof. Radha Poovendran. I received my Ph.D. degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering from University of Waterloo in 2013 under the supervision of Prof. Guang Gong.
- Secure computation, Verifiable computation, Cloud security
- Symmetric-key cryptography
- Lightweight cryptography
- Cryptographic pseudorandom sequences
- Finite Fields, Boolean functions
- Kalikinkar Mandal, Bo Yang, Guang Gong, and Mark Aagaard. On Ideal t-Tuple Distribution of Filtering de Bruijn Sequence Generators. To appear at Cryptography and Communications.
- Bo Yang, Kalikinkar Mandal, Mark Aagaard, and Guang Gong. Efficient Composited de Bruijn Sequence Generators, IEEE Transactions on Computers, Volume 66, Issue 8, Pages 1354-1368, 2017.
- Kalikinkar Mandal, Xinxin Fan, and Guang Gong. Design and Implementation of Warbler Family of Lightweight Pseudorandom Number Generators for Smart Devices, ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, Volume 15, Issue 1, Article No. 1, 2016.
- Kalikinkar Mandal and Guang Gong. Feedback Reconstruction and Implementations of Pseudorandom Number Generators from Composited De Bruijn Sequences, IEEE Transactions on Computers, Vol. 65, No. 9, 2016.
- Kalikinkar Mandal, Guang Gong, Xinxin Fan and Mark Aagaard. Optimal Parameters for the WG Stream Cipher Family, Cryptography and Communications, Volume 6, Issue 2, Pages 117-135, 2014.
- Goutam K. Audhya, Koushik Sinha, Kalikinkar Mandal, Rana Dattagupta, Sasthi C. Ghosh and Bhabani P. Sinha. A New Approach to Fast Near-optimal Channel Assignment in Cellular Mobile Networks, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Volume 12, No. 9, Pages 1814-1827, 2013.
- Riham Altawy, Raghvendra Rohit, Morgan He, Kalikinkar Mandal, Gangqiang Yang and Guang Gong. sLiSCP: Simeck-based Permutations for Lightweight Sponge Cryptographic Primitives. To appear at Selected Areas in Cryptography 2017.
- Teng Wu, Yin Tan, Kalikinkar Mandal and Guang Gong. On the Multi-Output Filtering Model and Its Applications, in 2nd International Conference on Codes, Cryptology and Information Security (C2SI), April 2017.
- Kalikinkar Mandal, Basel Alomair and Radha Poovendran. Secure Error-Tolerant Graph Matching Protocols, in 15th International Conference on Cryptology and Network Security (CANS), November 2016.
- Kalikinkar Mandal, Bo Yang, Guang Gong, and Mark Aagaard. On Ideal t-Tuple Distribution of Filtering de Bruijn Sequence Generators, presented at the 9th International Conference on Sequences and Their Applications (SETA 2016), October 2016.
- Yin Tan, Kalikinkar Mandal, Teng Wu, Guang Gong. Security Analysis of TUAK Algorithm Set for 4G-LTE Authentication and Key Agreement, in The 25th International Conference on Computer Communication and Networks (ICCCN 2016), August 2016. Invited Paper.
- Moreno Ambrosin, Hossein Hosseini, Kalikinkar Mandal, Mauro Conti, and Radha Poovendran. Verifiable and Privacy-preserving Fine-Grained Data-Collection for Smart Metering, in IEEE Workshop on Security and Privacy in Cybermatics (SPiCy), Florence, Italy, 2015.
- Kalikinkar Mandal and Guang Gong. Generating Good Span n Sequences Using Orthogonal Functions in Nonlinear Feedback Shift Registers, in Open Problems in Mathematics and Computational Science, Springer, Pages 127-162, 2014.
- Kalikinkar Mandal, Guang Gong, Xinxin Fan and Mark Aagaard. On Selection of Optimal Parameters for the WG Cipher Family, in 13th Canadian Workshop on Information Theory, IEEE, Pages 17-21, 2013.
- Xinxin Fan, Kalikinkar Mandal, and Guang Gong. WG-8: A Lightweight Stream Cipher for Resource-Constrained Devices, in International Conference on Heterogeneous Networking for Quality, Reliability, Security and Robustness, LNICST, Volume 115, Pages 617-632, 2013.
- Kalikinkar Mandal and Guang Gong. Filtering Nonlinear Feedback Shift Registers using Welch-Gong Transformations for Securing RFID Applications, in International Conference on Heterogeneous Networking for Quality, Reliability, Security and Robustness, LNICST, Volume 115, Pages 643-657, 2013.
- Kalikinkar Mandal, Xinxin Fan, and Guang Gong. Warbler: A Lightweight Pseudorandom Number Generator for EPC C1 Gen2 Tags, in Radio Frequency Identification System Security: RFIDsec'11 Asia Workshop Proceedings (Cryptology and Information Security), ISO Press, Volume 8, Pages 73-84, 2012.
- Kalikinkar Mandal and Guang Gong. Cryptographically Strong de Bruijn Sequences with Large Periods, in Selected Areas in Cryptography, LNCS, Volume 7707, Pages 104-118, 2012.
- Guang Gong, Kalikinkar Mandal, Yin Tan, Teng Wu. Security Assessment of TUAK Algorithm Set, CACR Technical Report, Univerisity of Waterloo, 2014
- Kalikinkar Mandal and Guang Gong. Probabilistic Generation of Good Span n sequences from Nonlinear Feedback Shift Registers, CACR Technical Report, Univerisity of Waterloo, 2012.
Journal paper reviewer
Discrete Applied Mathematics
Cryptography and Communications
Designs, Codes and Cryptography
IEEE Transactions on Information Theory
IEEE Transactions on Computers
IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications
International Journal of Foundations of Computer Science
Information Processing Letters
Conference paper external reviewer
The 19th Australasian Conference on Information Security and Privacy
2013 Applied Cryptography and Network Security
INFOCOM 2015, 2016
The 10th International Conference on Information Security and Cryptology
ISIT 2014, 2015
Selected Areas in Cryptography 2012
My Erdös Number : 3
(Mandal → Gong → Stinson → Erdös)
Last updated: Aug. 2, 2016 by Kalikinkar Mandal